Helpful Tips for a Colonoscopy Prep
Colonoscopy preparation, while still not the most pleasant experience in the world, is a lot easier than it used to be. One this page you will find some helpful colonoscopy prep tips.
Colonoscopy preparation is a cleansing process. You are cleansing out your colon for the procedure. It’s very important that the colon is free and clear from any fecal matter in order for the physician to have the best view to check for any signs of polyps or abnormalities.
Think of the day before and the day of your colonoscopy procedure as an excuse to kick back and pamper yourself through the process. Plan ahead and get some special items that you will enjoy, like exotic teas, coffee or juices (with no pulp).
- If you can, schedule a day or two off work. Use these days to pamper yourself
- Go to the store and stock up on liquids that you will enjoy drinking for your preparation day
- Give yourself a facial
- Prepare to stay close to home and close to the bathroom when you start the cleansing process
- Purchase un-scented baby wipes for comfort
- Get a good book to read or several of your favorite magazines
- Rent and watch a movie or movies that you have wanted to see but never had the time or made the time
- If you’re feeling anxious about the procedure talk to your doctor about an anti-anxiety medication to take the day of
- Feel good when it’s over, because, chances are you will be good to go for another 10 years before you will need another colonoscopy